Tuesday, March 27, 2007

i met a girl: a snowball in hell she was hard and cracked as the liberty bell...

There is the sound of a sternum breaking. The half splintering wood, half soft fleshy sound that makes me nauseous and forces me to choke back acrid bile.

Then I remember twilight and I remember Pont Champlain

I dig my nails deeper pulling the ribcage apart a little, jamming my fingers into the spaces between bones. The body is surprisingly resistant to being ripped in half. Pain, and looks of anguish are of course all a part of the process.

Then I remember things you left behind: the smell of apples, sunshine. Hair.

Finding strength I rend the corpse in two. I am surprised, the heart is still in one piece. So many stab wounds from the rear torso...it defies any sort of logic.

I remember being warm once...

I box my little gift and leave it innocuously wrapped on your porch. A parting gift from the depths of me. Burn it in good health lover.

and I remember nothing at all

1 comment: