Friday, March 2, 2007

I need these old dreams to break down...

You've got to wonder, how long do people not say anything to someone they might potentially be friends with because they're afraid they're not cool enough?

Apparently for me half a semester. I finally had a conversation with one of these kids in my tolkien class that I kept thinking said really insightful things but I never had a chance to talk to him, or the nerve to say "yo dude nice point" But today we had a conversation and they seem like a generally cool human-bean. So that was reassuring


So the metal show last night...was the awesome. I didn't study as much as I should have for my arthurian literature midterm but I generally got this feeling: I am going to be young for a very very shot time. Some portion of that time should be dedicated to some headbanging amonst drunken metal heads. The evening got off to a good start, memorizing tolkien's poetry at nicoles house, Having a drink, going to bills and watching the new Nine Inch Nails DVD with Bill, Oliver, and Luke. Then the show...

God I love little rock shows, or big ones, the pounding bodies the sweat the noise. It's primal, like some long forgotten ritual of our collective ancestors. A friend's band Brothers Through Glass played and they were mighty fine. Being underaged I had to drink rum and coke from a water bottle in the bathroom. Rebellion is hilarious.

Plus headbanging is sweet.



On the plus side I did well on my assignments. I am a genius and now I am off to see friends and then go to a "Friends of Knowledge Kegger"


Huzzah

No comments:

Post a Comment